Trying to come up with a payment for high-priced car insurance can overdraw your savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a rate analysis can be a smart way to tighten up your finances.
Statistics show that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Columbia could save as much as $750 each year by just shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Companies offering Toyota Avalon insurance in Columbia
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Columbia, SC. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in Columbia location which can decrease or increase insurance rates significantly.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Avalon annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Toyota Avalon book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below compares Toyota Avalon premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
When buying insurance it's important to understand the factors that are used to determine insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
- Compare rates if you consolidate your policies - Some insurance companies provide better rates to clients who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, it's always a smart idea to compare other Columbia Avalon insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Get better rates if married - Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on your insurance bill. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Your gender affects costs - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn't necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Better credit means lower premiums - An insured's credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. People that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota Avalon by improving your rating.
- With age comes responsibility - Teen drivers in South Carolina are statistically shown to be easily distracted when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher. More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
- Less chance of injury means lower prices - Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Toyota Avalon scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Liability coverage risk factors in - Your insurance policy's liability coverage provides coverage when you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Loss statistics for a Toyota Avalon - Insurers factor in insurance loss information to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Toyota Avalon vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Toyota Avalon Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Avalon 113 72 112 106 98 74 Toyota Avalon Hybrid 120 72 132 107 85 80
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save with these premium slashing discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there's a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited.
- Discount for Passive Restraints - Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive better insurance rates.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Smart Student Discounts - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance with the same company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
To see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Columbia, follow this link.
When to contact a local insurance agent
A small number of people would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Columbia who will give you bids for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to your email. It's the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Columbia?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Listed below is a short list of car insurance companies in Columbia who can help you get price quotes for Toyota Avalon insurance in Columbia.
Nationwide Insurance - Chichester Insurance Agency, Inc.
7340 Parklane Rd a - Columbia, SC 29223 - (803) 786-2224 - View Map
Once you have answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you've probably found an provider that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy non-renewal. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned a lot of ways to lower your Toyota Avalon insurance rates in Columbia. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with the smaller companies.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable South Carolina Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)