Finding budget-priced Columbia Volkswagen Golf insurance quotes on the internet is impossible for people that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing rates online. With so many insurance agents and insurers available, how are people able to efficiently compare all the different companies and get cheaper auto insurance rates?
Shockingly, most auto insurance buyers in South Carolina have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. American consumers could save approximately 46.5% every year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You need to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best deal on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Columbia a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the best methods to buy cheaper Volkswagen Golf insurance in Columbia.
Our objective in writing this article is to teach you a little about how car insurance companies work and how to save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you're about to read. But South Carolina vehicle owners do need to know the way companies determine prices because rates fluctuate considerably.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to find competitive insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing. Some companies don't provide price estimates online, so you also need to get price estimates from them as well.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Columbia, SC. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$204||$434||$320||$18||$96||$1,072||$89|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$158||$340||$386||$22||$116||$1,022||$85|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$286||$706||$358||$22||$108||$1,480||$123|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$286||$612||$386||$22||$116||$1,422||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and South Carolina minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific Columbia garaging location which can change premiums substantially.
Age-based auto insurance rates by gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Golf premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Affordable Volkswagen Golf insurance in Columbia
Companies don't necessarily list all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you.
- Distant Student Discount - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Columbia auto insurance quote.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Club Memberships - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Columbia is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Policy Bundle Discount - When you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% off your total Golf insurance premium.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren't that lucky.
To see a list of insurers who offer online Volkswagen Golf insurance quotes in Columbia, click this link.
Columbia Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that aid in calculating car insurance rates. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with lower rates.
- Save money by staying claim free - If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in South Carolina award lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- How your age affects prices - More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teenage drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Low stress occupation equals lower rates - Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as military personnel, social workers and financial analysts generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other careers such as scientists, students and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Cheaper rates with high deductibles - Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your car insurance will be.
- Safer cars save money - Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you.
- Guys are more aggressive - Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn't mean females are better drivers. Both sexes have auto accidents in similar percentages, but males tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
- Marriage discount - Getting married helps lower the price on your policy. It is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies like that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Lower annual miles equals lower premium - The higher the mileage driven annually the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how much you drive. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Incorrect rating for your Golf may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage.
- Loss probability for a Volkswagen Golf - Insurance companies study historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Volkswagen Golf vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Golf Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Golf 109 97
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agencies are professional risk managers
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Columbia.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Columbia who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Columbia are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Columbia that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Turbeville Insurance Agency
2718 Middleburg Dr - Columbia, SC 29204 - (803) 779-7666 - View Map
- KLOSTERMAN INSURANCE AGENCY LLC
10248 Two Notch Rd - Columbia, SC 29229 - (803) 736-6161 - View Map
- Butler's Insurance Agency
1617 Broad River Rd - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-6688 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Columbia who can help you get price quotes.
- Ashley Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1230 Broad River Rd A - Columbia, SC 29210 - (803) 772-0137 - View Map
- Troy Roberts - State Farm Insurance Agent
3206 Millwood Ave - Columbia, SC 29205 - (803) 212-7000 - View Map
- Megan OConnell - State Farm Insurance Agent
2321 Main St - Columbia, SC 29201 - (803) 254-7322 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How long has their agency been in business in Columbia?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agent properly licensed in South Carolina?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
If you receive satisfactory answers and locked in a price quote, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that will provide car insurance coverage.
The car insurance bait and switch
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive endlessly run ads in print and on television. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you move your coverage. How do they all offer you a better deal on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Columbia? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Most companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that will add to their bottom line. One example of this type of risk profile could possibly be between 30 and 50, carries full coverage, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver who matches that profile will get the preferred prices in Columbia and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the "perfect" profile must pay higher premiums which leads to business not being written. Company advertisements say "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much. That is how companies can make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
This really illustrates why you absolutely need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will have better auto insurance rates than you're paying now.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
We just covered a lot of tips how to find cheap Volkswagen Golf insurance in Columbia. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you shop your coverage around, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Used Cars in South Carolina? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Columbia, SC? (FAQ)
- How Much are South Carolina Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)